By body and breath and blood we are intimately bound to the rhythmic cycles of this Earth. Whether it be the circadian rhythms of day and night or the seasonal transitions, lunar cycles, and grander scales of migratory pulses, each recurrent pattern weaves together a rich tapestry of diversity, mystery, and life.
Reverence brings courage. Reverence brings knowledge. Reverence brings skill. Reverence brings healing. It is the fulcrum of the great turning of civilization toward reunion with nature. Today the word has religious connotations, but this is not the kind of reverence that worships an idol. It is the reverence of the lover who looks into the eyes of the beloved and sees infinity.
~ Charles Eisenstein
As we align ourselves to these rhythms and unearth our reverence of nature, we begin to re-orient our relationships to better harmonize with Earth and collaborate with each other. This art is my way of engaging with Earth’s rhythms while sharing my love and appreciation of nature.
You are invited to join the journey of reconnection!
Welcome to Rhythms and Reverence
This seventh-annual, artistic coalescence features a collection of visual treats, in natural suites, to inspire peaceful heart-beats.
- Fifteen, high-resolution photographs of Skye’s 2020 creative collaborations with Nature and Space (two versions to pick from)
- The creations feature ancient forests and lakes on Vancouver Island and wild locations in British Columbia, Canada
- 13 months of coloured, calendar grids with major annual holidays, lunar cycles, and eclipses for each month of 2021
- Inspirational thoughts and stories each month, written by Skye, to fill your heart and engage your mind
- Digital photos from both versions of the calendar (Earth and Cosmic to pick from– details below), with an expanded story excerpt from each month’s quote emailed to your inbox
- 10% of proceeds are donated to the Ancient Forest Alliance – Working to protect BC’s endangered old-growth forests and ensure a sustainable, second-growth forest industry.
You can find the full collection of the past six years of Cosmic calendars here at this link (along with my entire archives in the other albums on the flickr page)
There are two versions available to choose from:
- Earth Version (raw nature art photos)
- Cosmic Edition (nature art digitally blended with space photography)
Samples from the same month are shown here to compare each version. The “Earth Version” is the one on the right and the “Cosmic Edition” is the one below on the left.
There are three reciprocation choices for the calendars, to balance accessibility to you and sustainability for my work:
1. Kick Back – One calendar for $20 or two for $30
2. Around the Corner – $25 – you get one calendar and I gift one to someone who cannot afford it.
3. Gift – we all have times when our money is needed elsewhere and I don’t want a lack of funds to prevent you from enjoying the art. If this is the case for you, let me know and I can send you one around the corner. Last year, 55 people received a gifted calendar thanks to the generosity of others around the corner.
*Note – Please add $3 for shipping in Canada or $7 for US shipping.
You can contact me here to request your order, or just send an etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your requested versions, quantities, and your email so I can contact you for follow up.
*BONUS LIMITED TIME OFFER* – I have recently relaunched my Patreon page, and anyone who signs up as a Patron (any tier) during the month of November will receive a 2021 calendar as a gift of gratitude for your support. Check out the link here for more details and to be a part of the growing community of Earth lovers! (You can also simply ‘follow’ my patreon page if you are not able to financially support at this time)
Just as a tree can only thrive with the support of the forest, I too am only able to share these creative fruits due to the support of my mission by people like you. I thank you for however you feel inspired to reciprocate and keep the gifts flowing. May my art serve as a reminder of the beauty of the wild, the potential of co-creating with nature, and the healing power of a curiosity for the unknown. May the photos speak to the love in your heart and inspire you to interact with the wilds of nature for every act of caring for one is an act of healing for all.
— with gratitude, Skye
*If you would like to simply join the monthly mailing list for the digital photos and stories, you may do so by clicking here to fill out the quick contact form.